International Menu
Fees NCEA Information Health & Travel NZQA Code of Practice Contact Us

When students from other countries come to study in New Zealand, it is important that those students are well informed safe and properly cared for. Tauranga Boys’ College is a signatory to the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students published by the Minister of Education.

Tauranga Boys' College has agreed to observe and be bound by The Education (Pastoral Care of Tertiary and International Learners) Code of Practice 2021 (the Code).  Copies of the Code are available in several languages on request from this institution or from the NZQA website at

For a summary in your language please follow the link below. 

NZQA Japanese  NZQA Thai  NZQA Vietnamese  NZQA Korean  NZQA Chinese  NZQA German

The Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students 
Tauranga Boys’ College holds several copies of the Code that specifically outline the schools responsibilities and documents. Please let the international office know if you would like to receive a digital copy.  If you have a complaint you are encouraged to contact the international office. If together we can’t solve the complaint please use the following link.

Full details of visa and permit requirements, advice on rights to employment in New Zealand while studying, are available through the New Zealand Immigration Service, and can be viewed on their website at.

Health Services
Most international students are not entitled to publicly funded health services while in New Zealand. However, in most situations the student's medical insurance will cover medical expenses. Full details are available through the Ministry of Health, and can be viewed on their website. The Doctors Tauranga  is located just across the street from Tauranga Boys’ College.

Medical and Travel Insurance
International students must have appropriate and current medical and travel insurance while studying in New Zealand. Most students choose to have the school organise their insurance. Please use the following link as uni-care is our preferred provider. A network of staff and facilities including an International Director, Homestay Manager, Guidance Counsellors, Deans and Liaison staff provide extensive support for all student's welfare and needs.