Welcome to Tauranga Boys' College
Head Boy, Logan Green, welcomes you ...
Campus flyover ...
Why A School for Boys?
Find out more here.
Education Review Office - External Evaluation, June 2020
Positive and affirming learning-centred relationships are built on a strong foundation of success, the ‘Respect Code’ and the ‘Good Man Qualities’.
High levels of pastoral care and student success are a priority for the school
Students are supported to know, understand and explore future pathways for learning and employment.
Rich and diverse experiences across the broad curriculum promote student engagement and active participation in all aspects of school life
A deliberate and strategic approach to build leaders’ and teachers’ capability in culturally responsive pedagogy to raise and promote Māori success is evident.
Almost all teachers take part in co curricular activities and events to support students’ involvement in sports and culture.
The school is achieving excellent outcomes for the large majority of students and is working towards equitable outcomes for all.
Read the full ERO report here.
NCEA Results 2020
Tauranga Boys’ College
National Boys Average
|NCEA Level 1|
|NCEA Level 2|
|NCEA Level 3|
PLUS : 16 NZ Scholarships; and 28 boys gained 56 stage-one university papers graded A- or above!
Year 13s taking University Papers
Tauranga Boys’ College has a close and long-standing relationship with the University of Waikato and Victoria University of Wellington where we deliver a number of university papers for our Year 13 boys.
See here for full list of 2021 First Semester results.
Notable Old Boys
- Bryan Gould - Rhodes Scholar, UK Labour politician & Vice Chancellor University of Waikato
- Rod Gover - Rhodes Scholar
- Nigel Brown ONZM - artist
- Shane Cortese - actor
- Malcolm Evans - cartoonist
- Ian Mune OBE - actor
- Erik Thomson - actor
- Richard O'Brien - actor
- Jeremy Redmore - musician
- Stuart G. Bugg - international debating
- Tuariki Delamere - politician & Commonwealth Games athlete
- Air Marshal Sir Bruce Ferguson - KNZM, OBE, AFC Chief of New Zealand Defence Force
- Todd Muller - Member of Parliament for the Bay of Plenty (2014–present)
- Kris Bouckenooghe - NZ Football
- Brendon Bracewell - NZ Cricket
- John Bracewell - NZ Cricket
- Daniel Braid - All Black
- Mick Bremner - All Black
- Peter Burke - All Black
- Peter Burling - Olympic gold and silver medalist, Americas Cup Champion
- Sam Cane - All Black (Captain 2020 - )
- Adrian Cashmore - All Black
- John Clark - NZ Rowing - 1972 Olympian
- Stuart Conn - All Black
- Mahé Drysdale - Olympic champion and five-times World champion
- Daniel Flynn - NZ Cricket
- Steve Graham - NZ Hockey
- Wayne Graham - All Black
- Andy Hayward - NZ Hockey
- Nathan Harris - All Black
- Jarrad Hoeata - All Black
- Brendon Julian - Australian cricketer
- Greg Kane - All Black
- Tanerau Latimer - All Black
- Tony Lochhead - NZ Football, 2010 Fifa World Cup representative
- Sam Meech Olympic sailor
- Brent Newdick - NZ decathlete, Commonwealth Games silver medallist
- David Rayner - NZ Football
- Greg Rowlands - All Black
- Jason Saunders - Olympic sailor
- Paul Simonsson - All Black
- Owen Stephens - All Black and Wallaby; rugby union and rugby league
- Kane Williamson - NZ Cricket (Captain 2016 - )
- Royce Willis - All Black
For more information about enrolling, please contact the Enrolment Officer at Tauranga Boys’ College or phone 07 578 4029.