TBC Alumni Privacy Statement
The main way the TBC collects and maintains personal information about alumni is when you give it to us, for example, when you update your details, connect with us on social media or register to attend alumni events. We may also collect personal information from publicly available sources or other third-party sources that support TBC and its work.
The main purpose for TBC’s collection of alumni personal information is to connect you with TBC and other alumni. More specifically, these purposes include:
- Corresponding with you.
- Informing you about TBC & TBCOBA events.
- Informing you of and providing alumni and friends benefits.
- Informing you of opportunities to engage with and support TBC.
- Conducting benchmarking, analyses, quality assurance, and planning to improve alumni services.
- Facilitating appropriate assistance in the event of an emergency involving you.
- Complying with any legislative reporting or recordkeeping requirements, and using the information for other TBC purposes and as otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act 1993.
The information collected may be disclosed to the following types of organisations:
- Entities owned by or related to TBC.
- Contracted service providers which TBC uses to perform services on its behalf (such as recruitment, banks, mailing houses, research and logistics and IT service providers). Where a service provider is located outside of New Zealand, personal information collected and held by TBC may be transferred outside New Zealand.
- In the event of an emergency, police, medical or hospital personnel, civil emergency services, your legal representative, or other person assessed as necessary to respond to the emergency.
- TBC’s legal advisers or other professional advisers and consultants engaged by the University.
The information may also be disclosed to other agencies where permitted or required in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993 or other legislation.
You have a right to access personal information that TBC holds about you, subject to any exceptions in the Privacy Act 1993. If you wish to seek access to your personal information or inquire about the handling of your personal information, contact us by email at [email protected]
This privacy statement applies to personal information collected by any method (including hardcopy, electronic or verbal means).