TBC Donor Privacy Statement
Tauranga Boys’ College collects and maintains personal information from our donors where it is necessary for our work and helps us engage with you. We use your information to process your donation and to respond to your comments and questions. We may also use your information to keep you up to date with events and initiatives that we think may interest you.
The main way we collect personal information about you is when you give it to us, for example, when you complete a donation form. We may also collect personal information from publicly available sources or other third-party sources that support TBC and its work.
Disclosure of donor information
The information collected may be disclosed to the following types of organisations:
- Your nominated financial institution for processing your donation.
- Entities owned by or related to TBC.
- Contracted service providers which TBC uses to perform services on its behalf (such as banks, mailing houses, logistics and research and IT service providers). Where a service provider is located outside of New Zealand, personal information collected and held by TBC may be transferred outside New Zealand.
- Partner institutions or associated entities who may benefit from your donation.
- In the event of an emergency, police, medical or hospital personnel, civil emergency services, your legal representative or other person assessed as necessary to respond to the emergency.
- TBC's legal advisers or other professional advisers and consultants engaged by the University.
The information may also be disclosed to government departments and other agencies where permitted or required in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993 or other legislation.
Providing your Personal Information
If you choose not to provide the information requested, it may not be possible for TBC to process your donation and provide you with ongoing information relating to events and initiatives that we think may interest you.
If you wish for your donation to be anonymous then please let us know and your gift will not be acknowledged publicly.
You have a right to access personal information that TBC holds about you, subject to any exceptions in the Privacy Act 1993. If you wish to seek access to your personal information or inquire about the handling of your personal information, contact us by email at [email protected].
This privacy statement applies to personal information collected by any method (including hardcopy, electronic or verbal means).